Carey Ridge Elementary School
PTO Meeting Agenda
January 13th, 2015
I. President’s Report
A. Hope everybody had a great holiday and break
B. Santa Shop(*notes at end) –
1. Going to look into the possibilities of doing something like this next year. Not sure if the school has done anything like this in the past.
2. Maybe the last week before break or the week before that depending on when the book fair is so they aren’t too close together. Not sure if t
3. If we run this program it looks as if most of the companies that do it do it on a consignment basis so and handle all shipping cost.
4. We would get the items we want to sell ad price them accordingly and then when done we ship back what isn’t used and pay for what we do use.
C. Teachers Fund Requests – Due Feb 1. Freight/Shipping needs to be included.
II. VP Report & Committee Updates
A. Immediate Volunteer Needs
1. After School Party – Room Parent Escorts, Snacks, Clean up/dismissal
2. Watch for sign up for Winter Carnival coming soon
B. November/December Events & News
1. Market Day
i. November – $117.33
ii. Next order date 1/22 (pick-up 1/27)
2. Chick-Fil-A Spirit Day
i. $612.36 – Best day we have had. All money will go to Elliot Ogle’s family.
ii. Next Spirit Day 2/11
3. Dominos –
i. $70 but that was without movie night included
ii. Next Day is 1/14
4. Pacers Fundraiser
i. $522.17 In money and also two tickets to 3/21 game vs. Nets and a Roy Hibbert signed ball to be used in the silent auction.
ii. Seats were kind of high up but nobody seemed to mind. Kids really enjoyed going on the court to shoot a basket after the game.
5. Chili’s Fundraiser – Still waiting to hear back from Chili’s but looking to do this the first week in February if possible.
C. Hot Topics for January
1. After School Party
i. Friday 1/30 from 3:17-4:45
ii. To sign up, go to:
iii. Need Room Parents to escort classes, Help with snack table during event, and then clean up and dismissal.
2. Winter Carnival
II. Next meeting February 10th
January Upcoming Events
14 Domino’s Dough Raising Day
20 Blood Drive
22 Online Market Day orders Due
23 All Pro Dads meeting 7:30am
27 Market Day Pick-up 4:30pm
30 After School Party 3:15-4:45pm
*Notes for Santa Shop brought up at meeting
1. The school has done a program like this in the past but ran into issues with the products being poor in quality.
2. Just before winter break may be too busy to take extra time out of class.
3. To offset this the idea of doing this on a Saturday was mentioned.
4. Offer a some sort of incentive program where kids could maybe earn tickets to get gifts for families that can’t afford to send in money so that kids don’t feel left out.